Days Export Packing is proud to be a distributor of Cortec Products. Cortec is the world leader in Vapor Phase Corrosion Inhibitor Technology. Cortec manufactures products that prevent metal from rusting. They are the only Vertically Integrated Manufacturer of VpCi packaging, powders, liquids and emitters. With over 500 products to offer and sales and service teams in more than 100 countries, Cortec can help you with any corrosion issue big or small. To learn more about Cortec and how Days Export Packing can help you with your corrosion needs click here to see their products.
Cortec’s Top Six Products
VPCI 126 Film
Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitor (VpCI®) 126 Series film combines the latest film technology with the most effective corrosion protection for all of your metal products. Sealing your product in Cortec® VpCI® films protects metal parts from all types of corrosion including rust, tarnish, stains, white rust, and oxidation for up to 5 years.* It’s as easy as putting your product in a Cortec® VpCI® package!
- Galvanized Steel
- Carbon Steel
- Silicon Steel
- Stainless Steel
VpCI®-146 Corrosion Inhibiting Paper
Cortec® VpCI-146 is the premium corrosion inhibiting paper in the industry. Our patented Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibiting
(VpCI) technology has revolutionized the way metals are protected in an enclosed package. Cortec VpCI-146 paper provides superior corrosion protection for both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Cortec VpCI-146 multimetal paper eliminates the need for a variety of papers for all different types of metals and alloys you need to protect. Cortec VpCI-146 is fully recyclable/repulpable, which means VpCI-146 can be recycled into other types of paper products such as boxes, cardboard, and other corrugated materials. It also means that VpCI-146 can be “repulped” or made into or mixed with pulp to make new paper products. Additionally, VpCI-146 is environmentally safe, non-toxic, biodegradable, and doesn’t contain any nitrites, phosphates, or silicates.
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Galvanized Steel
- Cast Iron
- Aluminum Alloys
- Brass (≤30% Zn)
VpCI®-325 Vegetable Oil to replace petroleum based RP’s
VpCI-325 is a ready-to-use vegetable oil/solvent-based liquid for general purpose corrosion protection in a
wide variety of applications. Some of these include protection of sheet metals, wire, pipes, flanges and other fabricated and/or machined parts, guns and a host of other products. VpCI-325 protects against corrosion and works as an excellent lubricant performs effectively even under the adverse condition of hugh relative humidity and in the presence of such corrosive elements as chlorides, hydrogen sulfide and other sulfur compounds.
Typical Applications VPCI-325 is excellent for:
- Temporary storage- spray a light coating on flt metal before or after metalworking
- Small or complex metal parts- spray on or dip in
- General surface treatment- spray, dip, or brush surfaces to be protected for up to 24 months
- Home repairs of squeaky items
- Rifles, shotguns, and handguns
EcoShield® 386 Water Based Coating Powered by Nano VpCI®
EcoShield® 386 Water Based Coating Powered by Nano VpCI® is an exciting breakthrough in water based coating technology, offering an incredible 1000 hours of salt spray performance at only 1 mil (25 microns) DFT. This unique acrylic based formula uses a complex mixture of nano sized non-toxic organic corrosion inhibitors which provide protection superior to traditional corro-sion inhibiting coatings. EcoShield® 386 is an outstanding choice for harsh, unsheltered outdoor applications where corrosion and UV protection are required for long periods of time. The potential industry applications of this cutting edge technology are countless, ranging from industrial, to energy, to oil and gas
• Fast drying and easy to work with
• Low VOC – less than 0.6 pounds per gallon (68 g/l)
• Applicable via spray, dip, or brushing
• Resistant to sagging or running
• Non-flammable protective barrier
• UV resistance discourages cracking or chipping under extended sunlight exposure
• Can be tinted to match custom colors
• Can be used as a DTM Coating, or as a topcoat over the appropriate primer
• Cold weather (Winterized) version available
BioCorr® Rust Preventative
BioCorr Rust Preventative is a waterbased, biobased, and biodegradable rust preventative that is intended for preservation of metals in storage and during transportation. BioCorr Rust Preventative provides multi-metal protection and is an excellent environmentally sound alternative to petroleum derived products. This ready-to-use formulation can provide protection for up to two years of indoor storage; or during shipments when combined with VpCI® packaging materials. Unlike rust preventative oils this product leaves a dry film on the surface
of the metal that is virtually undetectable. This feature helps to create a clean workplace and prevents material waste. BioCorr Rust Preventative is VOC free and the formulation is biodegradable; eliminating expensive disposal costs associated with oils. BioCorr Rust Preventative has been awarded USDA BioPreferredSM designation (www.preferred.gov).
• Provides excellent multi-metal corrosion protection
• Combines film-forming additives with Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VpCIs)
• Environmentally friendly and biodegradable
• Replaces hazardous mineral oils and flammable solvents
• VOC free
• Contains no chlorinated compounds, chromates, or nitrites
• Ready-to-use product
• Contains biostatic material
CorrVerter® Rust Primer
CorrVerter is a water-based primer recommended for application to rusty or poorly prepared steel surfaces where further corrosion protection is required and good surface preparation is difficult to achieve. CorrVerter is formulated to penetrate rust, eliminate rust, penetrate to the bare metal, and stop further rusting.
CorrVerter contains a novel chemical chelating agent that modifies the surface rust into a hydrophobic passive layer. CorrVerter combines the above mentioned chelating agent with a high solids waterborne latex with extremely low water vapor permeability. The combination of the active chelating agent with a film-forming latex, thickeners and dispersant offers a unique formulation for a primer with excellent protection against re-rusting.
CorrVerter does not contain tannic or phosphoric acids, provides long-term corrosion protection for poorly prepared substrates, and can be topcoated with solvent-based and water-based paints with no bleeding. For outdoor applications VpCI®-386 or VpCI-387 can be utilized. For indoor applications, VpCI-396 may also be used.
The combination of CorrVerter and VpCI-396 provides the best immersion coating for submersion in water, salt water, hydro carbons, and high salinity water.
• CorrVerter converts rust quickly and can be applied under varying weather conditions
• Provides 1000+ hours of corrosion protection with 3-mil (75 microns) application under salt spray conditions (ASTM B 117), on pre-rusted steel parts
• Can be topcoated with water- and solvent-based topcoats vs. tannic or phosphoric acid-based coatings, which can only be topcoated with solvent-based topcoats
• Provides excellent protection against re-rusting (better than tannic or phosphoric acid-based converters)
• Very low VOC
• Environmentally friendly, non-toxic
• Non-flammable, non-combustible
• Works in HCl, H2S, SO2, & CO2 vapor environments
• Available in 2 colors, black and green
EcoLine® 3690 Open Atmosphere Corrosion Inhibitor
EcoLine 3690 is a biodegradable, biobased, ready-to-use temporary coating designed for severe marine and high humidity conditions. When applied to the surface, this product leaves an oily film, which provides excellent outdoor protection on any metal surface. The film is self-healing and moisture-displacing, providing superior protection against aggressive environments.
Based on canola oil, EcoLine 3690 is 76% biobased, and has been awarded the USDA BioPreferredSM designation (www. biopreferred.gov)
• USDA certified biobased product
• Contains 76% biobased content
• Non-hazardous, non-toxic
• Excellent indoor and outdoor protection
• Provides multi-metal corrosion protection
• Excellent lubricity
• Temperature stable up to 180˚F (82˚C)
• Low freezing point 0˚F (-18˚C)
• Can be applied to painted surfaces
• Meets MIL-PRF-16173E (Grade 2,3)